Saturday, January 28, 2012

The travel day

The car was frozen this morning! I wonder ... preparation for time coming ;)

Travel by train is always a experience.

From Bruges to Brussels with the train was OK, everything on time. Only … I think in Brussels it froze a bit more then in Bruges because the train to the Airport didn't come (was late) … again. The first train was that one I took and it was the first of the day. Poor tourists coming and travelling in Belgium. Good I was early.

Check in went fast and easy.

First flight is a bit more one hour to Copenhagen, the second the same period to Arlanda.
How come I took two flights?
If I fly on the first flight from Brussels to Arlanda then I had to be there the day before. The late flight would take me an extra day to get into Jokkmokk.
During the day there are almost no direct flights.

A quick dinner in Stockholm.

No eating in “Jens Bøfhuss” because I would have to stand cue. So, it became a fast sea-food table inside Central Station. Next time I will try O'Leary.

Mobile connection.

Now getting a phone number. It's important to have so calling to home is cheaper. I'll need it next summer anyway. Cost: 100SEK for the number and then depending what kind of communicator you are 100, 200 or ... SEK

The train travel.

Train to Narvik was on time leaving 17:50 but we lost more than an hour along the road. There were not many people on the train so I could enjoy the restaurant wagon.
We arrived around 09:20 so much to late for the bus.
If you are booking a bus ticket on the train then they connect with the bus company so you'll have a bus around arrival time.



Arriving in Forshällan

Anders was getting me at the bus station in Jokkmokk. Before driving home we had to get some groceries for the coming week. And of course, don't forget the drinks.
I had a fine welcome at Anders house from his wife Marie and Christopher who was also at home.

Day endings.

As a true Swedish habit we ended the day with a sauna.


No comments:

Post a Comment