Wednesday, February 01, 2012

A visit at the historical market

Today Christoffer hat to get his sitter form he airport in Luleå and so I could ride to Jokkmokk with him.


I knew the streets of Jokkmokk but it was really different then my summer memories.


The city had made beautiful ice sculpture’s on the roundabouts coming in to Jokkmokk.
From there I walked towards the centre passing a corner where some people were sculpting statues in snow for the kindergarten. The children were already on the snow playground.









The historical market at the community centre could be seen from between the trees and the view was just like I was pushed back into the old ages. It was very picturesque.
People walking round in robes of different animal skins. Others sitting by open fires and baking or cooking food. Stands with a lot of rural products. The blacksmith was also present in the forge. One Sami was cooking moos snout on a camp-fire and for 25Sek one could have a taste. For 20Sek you could have a drink of warm reindeer broth.











That small village had also his reindeer taxi and for some Sek they toured you around. Now a days there are Hop-on-Hop-off ’s in the cities.






To end the day I went cross-country skiing in the woods of Forshällan with Magdalena. At the end of the tour the moon was shining above the trees.

It was again a very fine day.

No comments:

Post a Comment